Building Interactive Maps with React Course
This course will teach you how to use Mapbox and React to create immersive and powerful map-based applications. Getting these two amazing technologies to play together nicely can be a a pain, especially in light of how little documentation exists on how to pair the two.
The course is structured as a Notion Knowledge Base filled with comprehensive guides, full code snippets, and live examples.
The course covers the following topics:
- Overview of the Mapbox platform and what it allows you to build
- Building your first map: the basics of building your first map using Mapbox and React
- A comprehensive guide to the Mapbox base maps and ideal use cases for each
- Designing your own base maps using Mapbox Studio
- Managing and visualizing your spatial data using Mapbox Studio
- Integrating and visualizing your spatial data in a React application using Mapbox GL JS
- Styling map layers and updating layer styling based on data and map zoom levels
- Adding interactivity to your maps using popups and controls
- Filtering map features based on user input and interactions
How Comfortable with React Should I Be?
This guide was written with a beginner to advanced React developer in mind.
Is there a refund policy?
Absolutely. There is a 30-day money back guarantee. If you feel like you didn't get your money's worth, just give me a shout.
Can I request additional chapters?
You betcha! I intend for this to be a living and breathing document that is expanded over time.
What makes me qualified to teach this?
GIS and developing map-driven web applications are a large part of the reason I learned to code. I have spent the last six years learning the ins and outs of developing map-driven applications and am still just as passionate about the subject today as when I started. Every day job I have worked and nearly every side project I have taken on during this time period has had a large mapping component to it.
Any other questions? Feel free to reach out! You can reach me on Twitter @_btyler_
Learn how to build beautiful and interactive maps that bring your applications to life.